- Daily: Roll call at 7:00 AM on 145.490 for coffee at Hy-Vee in Owatonna.
- Saturday: Breakfast (informal) at 7:00 AM at the Kernel in Owatonna.
- Sunday: Repeater Net at 9:00 PM on 145.490. Jeff N0GZK is Net Control.
- Daily: ARRL MN Section Phone Net on 3.860 MHz at 12:00 PM and 5:30 PM.
- Daily: ARRL MN Section CW Net on 3.605 MHZ at 6:30 PM and 9:50 PM.
- 01-Feb: MN QSO Party (www.w0aa.org). 1400 UTC - 2400 UTC
- 08-Mar: Fargo/RRRA Hamfest.
- 08-Mar: St. Cloud Cabin Reliever Hamfest.
- 26-Mar: SKYWARN classes in Kasson.
- 29-Mar: St. Paul Mid-Winter Madness
- 15-Feb: ARRL International DX Contest (CW)
- 01-Mar: ARRL International DX Contest (Phone
Saturday, 08-Feb, 9:00 AM at the Owatonna Hardee’s on South Oak Street.
New OSCAR officers were elected at the January meeting:
Many thanks to the outgoing officers:
- President: Jeff Dube N0GZK
- Secretary: Tom Karnauskas N0UW
- Treasurer: Charlie Srsn K0HNY
Dick Watts NV0C and Willis Yule KA0KEL
" The Pres Says"
Thanks everybody for the vote of confidence. I hope we all have a good year ahead of us in HAM radio. Looking forward to seeing you all at the next meeting! Oh and don’t forget to check into the Owatonna Steele County Net every Sunday evening at 9:00 p.m. (been having a good turn out on the net). Thanks again to everyone.
73s Jeff NOGZK
A couple of decisions were made at the January meeting that should be shared:
- Dues are established at $10 per year. Payments are due with January and should go to Charlie K0HNY.
- Minutes of club meetings will be supplied to dues paying members only.
- We will continue to supply this newsletter in e-mail (only) form to those that have expressed an interest in the club.
Who We Are
The number of radio amateurs licensed by the Federal Communications Commission is at a five-year high, with FCC statistics showing a total ham population of 684,387 as of 26-Jan-2003. In addition, according to breakdowns provided by Joe Speroni, AH0A (website: http://www.speroni.com/FCC/):
- Extra: 103,330
- Advanced: 84,182
- General: 139,896
- Tech/Tech+: 321,368
I was asked to provide a list of e-mail addresses of members. Since we are not hiding recipients of the newsletter, the e-mail addresses can be extracted from the “TO:” list.
Blooming Prairie Repeater
Dan KB0UCP reports the 145.19 machine in Blooming Prairie is off the air.